can award up to $30,000* (amount based on the qualifying situation and documented financial need) to assist with:
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Travel and/or rehousing expenses necessary to receive essential medical treatment
- Modifications to home for accessibility
- Essential funeral expenses exceeding $5,000
- Assistance with deductible and/or shortfall in repair expenses following a housing disaster, such as fire, flood, tornado, etc. Assistance for housing disasters is for primary residences only.